Saturday, October 16, 2010

Chakkarai Pongal (Sweet Pongal)


Ingredients

  • Raw rice - 2 cups
  • Moong Dhall - 1/2 cup
  • Jaggery - 1/4 kg
  • Milk - 2 cup
  • Cashews - 10 to 12
  • Raisins - 10 to 12
  • Ghee - 6 to 8 tsp
  • Cardamom - 5 to 6 (crushed)
  • Water - 3 cups
  • Salt - a pinch



Method
  • In the Pressure cooker, add the raw rice (pachcharisi), moong dhall, water, milk and a pinch of salt and cook it. ( Nearly 6 to 7 whistles - approx - 10 to 12 min) (this timing is for my cooker, please keep the timing according to your cooker)
  • Meanwhile, fry the raisins and cashews in ghee and keep it aside.
  • Now in another pan, add the jaggery and 1/2 cup water to melt the jaggery. ( do not make it to too thick liquid)
  • Open the cooker, mix the rice and dhall well.
  • While mixing, add the jaggery liquid.
  • Also add the crushed cardamom, fried raisins and cashews and ghee and mix thoroughly.
  • Chakkarai Pongal/Sweet Pongal is ready to serve.






This recipe goes the following beautiful events...
1. My event - Dish Name Starts with C
2. 'ONLY' event - Festive food by Preethi and started by Pari
3. CFK - Festive food by Suma and started by Sharmi









23 lovely comments:

Unknown

Hi Akila,

Looks great and yummy..ennakku konjam!!:)

Dr.Sameena@

www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

harini-jaya

yummy pongal n nice clicks

Daisy Roshan

sweet pongal enakku rombo pidikkum....yummy!!

megha

wow!what a recipe.looks delicious.keep it up.do visit n comment on my latest recipes which i hv posted n tell whether u like it or not.

megha

my blog is meghasyummyfooddelight.blogspot.com

Kulsum@JourneyKitchen

Looks delicious:)

Nandita SS

The pongal looks very tasty!!! Slurp:)

Suja Manoj

Looks divine, delicious pongal

Anonymous

Ah lovely! mouth watering dish.

Ms.Chitchat

Tasty Pongal and well presented.

Unknown

Wow, I love the addition of fired raisns and nuts... sorry if it part of the basic recipe, this is my first Pongal! You have inspired me to try to make rice pudding in the pressure cooker -- and now I will fry the nuts and raisins, first!

hippressurecooking.com

Pushpa

Delicious sweet pongal,my fav,beautiful clicks Akila.

Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

Gayathri Kumar

Lovely Pongal.

Priya Suresh

Sweet pongal, very tempting and yummy..

Unknown

Oh they just look so beautiful one of my fav :)

Uma

yummy pongal!

Uma

yummy pongal!

Ushnish Ghosh

Dear Akila
Dushera greetings to you. I feel good reading your comment at my blog.
I had only few opportunities to eat this delicious dish. Now that I have got the recipe I will try soon.
Have a nice week ahead

Padmajha

Delicious dish.Looks yum!

Krishnaveni

my fav pongal recipe, yum yum

Prema

Delicious pongal Akila,luks so devine.

Rachana

Delicious dish! Looks fantastic.

NIDHYA

sweet tempting treat..

Aaha Oho

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Wonderful Followers

Ads

Add to the circles

Learning-to-cook   © 2008-2015. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP  

//