This recipe i took from my draft, believe it or not, it was there nearly one year... these pic i took for last year Vinayagar Chathurthi...
- Raw rice flour - 1 cup
- Jaggery - 1/4 cup
- Grated Cocount - 1.5 cups
- Cardamom - little
- Salt - as per taste
- Oil - very little (optional)
- Hot water - 1/2 cup
- Very slightly, dry roast the rice flour just for 3 to 5min.
- Add hot water and salt, little by little and start mixing it.
- Make it like a chappathi dough and it should not stick to your hands and Keep it aside.
- Again in another pan, dry fry the grated coconut till the raw smell goes off. Donot over fry it.
- In another pan, add Jaggery and Water and just cook till the jaggery melts.
- Now add the fried coconut, cardamom powder and mix well.
- When it cools down, make it to small round balls.
- Now press the rice flour ball in the middle and make a cup like shape and now keep the coconut balls inside and close it.
- In a idli cooker, keep these balls and steam it for 10 min.
- Coconut Kozhukattai is ready.
This goes to my Dish Name Starts with K