Days are moving very fast and I am becoming busy day by day... As I told in my previous post, still not recovered fully from the fever n cough... coz of that, feeling very tired after coming from office... So could not prepare any new dish or post. Even this Apple halwa, I captured, couple of months before, and was in my folder along with some more pictures. So decided to post this. First time I prepared halwa with apple and to my surprise, it was really very tasty and yummy. This recipe, even can be done, by grinding the apple and using the pulp. Since I want some crunchiness, I grated and did it.
- Apple - 3
- Ghee - 4 tsp
- Sweetened Condensed milk - 5 to 6 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Almonds - 1/4 cup + 10
- Saffron - a pinch
- Wash the apple and remove its skin.
- Grate the apple as below.
- In a flat bottomed pan, add the grated apple and saute till all the water content evaporates.
- Now add the condensed milk and mix well.
- Add the sugar and mix till the sugar gets dissolved.
- Add the ghee at this stage.
- Meanwhile grind the 1/2 cup almonds into a powder and crush the remaining 10 almond pieces to be used later.
- Mix it to this apple mixture.
- Check for the correct sweetness. (sugar or condensed milk can be added accordingly)
- Now mix the crushed almond pieces and saffron and mix well.
- When the ghee starts leaving the sides, switch off the stove and allow to cool and serve.
This apple halwa can be made by grinding the apple in mixer and using the pulp. I need to try some other time. Since I like the crunchiness of the apple, I grated and prepared the halwa. If any one have done with pulp, kindly share the outcome of it.