I wanted to try this recipe, for a very long time, but somehow keep on postponing it. When our blogger friend, Shama, announced, the event, with mushrooms, I decided, I should try this one for sure and today evening, somehow I managed to prepare this and was in a hurry to take the photos, as it started raining here heavily and I felt the photos were not as satisfying as I thought. Soon would be posting another set of photos. I tasted stuffed mushrooms, when I went out for a office dinner and that was the first time and fell in love with it. It is very easy and tastes awesome. All stuffed mushrooms vanished within 5 minutes. Here we go to the recipe...
- Fresh Mushrooms / White button mushrooms - 1 packet
- Extra virgin olive oil - 2 tsp
- Onion - 1 (chopped finely)
- Garlic - 5 cloves (chopped finely)
- Dried Basil - 1/2 tsp
- Oregano - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper - 1/4 tsp (freshly crushed coarse pepper)
- Salt - 1/2 tsp ( or as per taste)
- Mozzarella cheese - 2 tsp
- Parmesan cheese - 4 tsp
- Butter - For brushing the mushrooms and for greasing
- Chilli flakes - for garnishing
- Wash the mushrooms and slowly cut the stems.
- Remove the inner part of the mushrooms, slightly and try to make a hole, so that stuffing can be done easily.
- Chop the mushroom stems finely, as shown. Use the inner part of the mushroom along with stem.
- In a wok or kadai, add the oil.
- When oil becomes hot, add the onions, followed by garlic.
- Saute the onions.
- Add in the chopped mushrooms, basil leaves, oregano. Saute for a while.
- Add in the pepper and salt.
- When the mushrooms are cooked, remove from heat, transfer the content to another bowl and add the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese, when the stuffing is bit warm itself and mix nicely, so that they become a thick stuffing for the mushrooms.
- Preheat the oven to 160 deg C.
- Now take one mushroom and fill the mushroom holes tightly, with the prepared stuffing and do the same for other mushrooms.
- Now, place the aluminium foil, in the baking tray and grease it with butter.
- Arrange the Stuffed mushrooms and brush it with butter.
- Top the Stuffed mushrooms, with some more parmesan cheese and bake it for 15 minutes or until, mushrooms becomes little smaller in their sizes.
- Garnish with some more cheese toppings and chilli flakes and serve hot.
- If you need more spicy, you can increase the quantity of pepper.
- You can top with mozzarella cheese instead of Parmesan cheese.
- If mushrooms, roll while arranging in the baking tray, slightly, cut and flatten the bottom part of the mushrooms with knife.
This goes to the event Fast food - Mushroom Event